• Nihon Iyakuhin Kogyo Co., Ltd. established
• Completed the plant to produce pharmaceutical tablets and powder in Toyama City, followed by the completion of the plant to produce injection drugs.
• Completed Namerikawa Plant in Namerikawa City
• Completed Research Institute on Toyama Plant premises
• Completed Head Office Building in Sogawa, Toyama City
• Listed on Nagoya Stock Exchange, Second Section
• Listed on Osaka Stock Exchange, Second Section
• Completed new GLP-compliant Research Institute adjacent to Namerikawa Plant
• Completed Fukuno Plant (now Nanto) in Fukunomachi, Higashi Tonamigun, Toyama Prefecture
• Launched SEDAPAIN Injection as new proprietary drug, a central nervous system analgesic
• Launched CADEX, a drug to treat pressure ulcer and skin ulcer under foreign license was obtained
• LaucnchedUNICON Tablets, a drug to treat asthma diseases under foreign license
• Completed revised GMP-compliant injection plant in Yasuda, Namerikawa City
• Established MPS (Medical Practice Support) team at all business offices
• Made partially acquisition of OTC business from Japan Tobacco, Inc.
• Launched FERRUM Capsules, slow-release iron preparation for oral use and synthetic penicillin PENGOOD as Branded
• Completed Nichi-Iko Distribution Center in Namerikawa City
• Acquired the sales operation right of Maruko Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd.
• Merged Nihon-Gallen Co., Ltd.
• Acquired partially the stock of Maruko Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd., who was subsequently the subsidiary of Nichi-Iko
Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd.
• Changed the company name to Nichi-Iko Co., Ltd.(the official registered name in English :Nichi-Iko Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd.)
• Acquired partially the stock of Oriental Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd., who was subsequently the subsidiary of Nichi-Iko
Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd.
• Completed Pharmaceutical Development Center adjacent to Namerikawa Plant
• Commenced the operation of Higashi-Nihon Distribution Center
• Promoted to First Section of both Osaka Stock Exchange and Nagoya Stock Exchange
• Merged with Maruko Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd. to be the wholly owned subsidiary of Nichi-Iko Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd.
• Merged and Aquired Teikoku Medix Co., Ltd., to be wholly owned subisidiary of Nichi-iko Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd.
• Maruko Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd., Oriental Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd., and Teikoku Medix Co., Ltd. were consolidated to
create Nichi-iko Pharma Factory Co., Ltd.
• Active Pharma Co., Ltd., a manufacturer of Apls for generics, was created as a joint venture company with Mitani
Sangyo Co., Ltd.
• Remodeled flagship plant "Pentagon" in Namerikawa city, Toyama started full operation.
• Established sanofi-aventis Nichi-Iko K.K. by joint capital investment with sanofi-aventis Group (Currently SANOFI)
• Entered into Full Agency Agreement regarding marketing, sales, distribution and logistics in Hong Kong, Thailand and
Malayshia with DKSH.
• Entered into a capital and business alliance agreement with Aprogen Inc. for research and development of biosimilar
• Listed on the Tokyo Stock Exchange, First Section.
• Establishment of Nichi-Iko Medical Practice Institute Co., Ltd.
• Completed Global Development center, Honeycomb building.
• Delisting from Osaka Stock Exchange and Nagoya Stock Exchange
• Announced the 6th Medium term business plan "Pyramid"
• Acquired Yakuhan Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd.
• Merger consolidated subsidiary, Nichi-Iko Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd.
• Tokyo office became another head quarter and Namerikawa Plant 1& 2 renamed Toyama Plant 1& 2.
• Completed 2nd flagship plant "Pyramid" in Namerikawa city.
• Merged and Aquired Yakuhan Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd., to be wholly owned subisidiary of Nichi-iko Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd.
• Established Nichi-Iko Bangkok Representative Office in Thailand
• Entered into a business alliance with Biolab in Thailand
• Entered into a basic agreement for business acquisition of Astellas Pharma Group, Fuji Plant
• Entered into an agreement for capital alliance with Binex in Korea
• Entered into a business alliance with Hanoi Pharma in Vietnam
• Issued the Commitment-type Rights Offering (Allotment of Listing-type Stock Acquisition Rights without Contribution)
• Established Nichi-Iko (Thailand) Co., Ltd. as a 100% owned local subsidiary in Thailand
• Established NIXS Corporation as a 100% owned local subsidiary in USA
• Launched Nichi-Iko Pharma Tech Co., Ltd. as a consolidated subsidiary
• Entered into a business alliance with Bangkok Lab and Cosmetic in Thailand
• Announced the 7th Medium term business plan "Obelisk"
• Acquired Sagent Prarmaceuticals, Ine. (Chicago, US) and its subsdiary Omega Laboratories Limited. (Montreal, Canada).
• Submitted an application for marketing approval of Anti-human TNF-alpna monoclonal antibody (generic name: Infliximab) biosimilar to the MHLW in Japan.